How to Request Updated Letters of Authority
For updated Letters, follow these instructions:
- If your Annual Report (GA/GM case) or Annual Account (CA/CY case) or Notice of Continued Administration (DE case) is due, the court must first receive and process that filing before issuing updated Letters.You may submit by email or fax.Please review the status of your filing by going to (opens in new window)Case Access .
To request updated letters of authority at the same
time you are filing a document, please follow these instructions:
submitted via fax:
- Include a cover sheet requesting an updated letter of authority along with your document being submitted for filing.
submitted via Email:
- Include in a cover sheet requesting an updated letter of authority along with your document being submitted for filing as one .pdf attachment. Please do not make the request within the body of your email.
- If submitted via fax:
- Once the filing has been processed and accepted, or if your Letters have not expired and you just need extra copies, please email: email@example.com (for GA/GM Letters) or firstname.lastname@example.org (for DE/CA/CY Letters) to request the fee be added to your case. Continue to monitor Case Access to watch for the fee.
- Pay the $12 fee per Letters online using (opens in new window) ePayment .
- Your updated Letters will be emailed to you (with the court’s new electronic seal).
- If you send your Annual Report, Annual Account, or Notice of Continued Administration by regular U.S. mail, you may include a check or money order payable to Wayne County Probate Court for updated Letters and they will be mailed back to you or emailed to you if you provide an email address.