1. To obtain information about copies of name changes prior to January 1, 1998, please send a detailed email to: filedept@wcpc.us  

    Include the following information in your email:
  • Previous name
  • New name
  • Date of order
  • Indicate if the name change was for one individual or for an entire family
  1. For name changes after January 1, 1998, please contact:

    The County Clerk at (313) 224-5510.       



Rev. 7/17