WAYNE COUNTY PROBATE COURT POLICY FAX TRANSMISSION OF DOCUMENTS
Pursuant to Michigan Supreme Court Administrative Order 2002-54, the Wayne County Probate Court adopts the following policy regarding fax transmission of documents (MCR 2.406):
- Pleadings requiring a fee will not be accepted for filing.
- No fee will be charged for facsimile transmission of documents.
Faxed transmissions must:
- Include a cover sheet containing: case name/number, document title, and name/phone # of sender.
- Be no more than 20 pages, excluding the cover sheet.
8.5”x11” paper, and no smaller than 12-point font (MCR 1.109)
- Documents received during regular business hours of the court will be deemed filed on that business day. Documents received after regular business hours and on weekends or designated court holidays will be deemed filed on the next business day.
- Documents filed by fax are considered original documents. The filing party shall retain the documents that were transmitted by fax as well as the fax confirmation sheet.
- A signature includes a signature transmitted by fax (MCR 2.114)
- Any document may be filed via facsimile as long as no filing fee is required. See the chart below as to where specific documents should be faxed in the Wayne County Probate Court:
|Document||Where to send||e-Fax #|
|Case evaluation/Mediation acceptance/rejections||Court Attorney||(313) 967-4042|
|Notice of Continued Administration||Service Clerk||(313) 967-4030|
|Sworn Statement to Close|
|Certificate of Completion|
|Inventory – Decedent Estate|
|Answers||Judge of Record||
Hon. Freddie G. Burton, Jr.
Hon. David Braxton
Hon. Judy A. Hartsfield
Hon. Terrance A. Keith
Hon. Lawrence J. Paolucci
Hon. David A. Perkins
|Guardian ad litem Reports|
|Proofs of Service with Notice of Hearing|
|Stipulated order (not petition) for withdrawal of attorney|
|Guardianship Reviews||Administrative Coordinator||(313) 967-4035|
Mental Health Petitions
Report of Condition of Developmentally Disabled
|Mental Health||(313) 967-4013|
|Affidavit of Publication||Records||(313) 967-4041|
|Proofs of Service without Notice of Hearing|
|Verification of Funds/Proof of Restricted Account|
|Change of Address|
|Waivers and Consents|